Tuesday, January 14, 2014

If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, then what is a cluttered home the sign of?

Chaos.  A busy family.  A society triggered by instant gratification.  And stuff.  As a Realtor, I still am amazed at how much "stuff" I see when when I enter so many different homes, especially those  where children have grown up and moved out.  Last year, I decided that one of my New Year's resolutions was going to be to organize my house - to go through it, from top to bottom, as if I was preparing to sell.  I did pretty well, however life got in the way, and I didn't get as much done as I had hoped.  This year, "organizing my house"is once again on top of my list.    

Last year, I found great help through a number of Facebook pages and blogs.  Suggestions ranging from focusing on one room each month, tossing 10 items a day for 30 days, to setting a timer for 15 minutes at a time.  I was able to sign up for email programs that prodded me along, that told me what to focus on, and kept me going.  This year, I have joined two groups - one that requires the tossing of one item a day, with the goal to eliminate 365 items over the course of the year; the second is a 52 week calendar, with different tasks each day.  The available resources are even better than last year. Need some help?  Try one of sites:





No comments:

Post a Comment